Allente is a Nordic TV Operator, providing top quality TV services to its 1+ million customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. The Company was established in May 2020 by a merger between Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer.
Working for Allente means that you are joining a team which is devoted to providing the best TV services to its customers. Quality is our hallmark in all aspects, whether it’s customer experience, available content, picture and sound. We take our pride in delivering the best linear TV services through satellite (DTH), live and on-demand streaming services through a variety of clients and broadband TV. Finally, we like to work in agile cross-functional teams, we like to discuss ideas and come up with innovative solutions.
In this role, the key focus is preparing and controlling accounting activities, contributing and participating in month-end and year-end closing processes to secure sufficient quality in financial reporting.
Team Finance, Accounting is also responsible for collaboration on financial activities with Shared Services/BPO supplier, in addition to quality assurance of general ledger transactions/balance account reconciliations. Our team also participates in key projects and is responsible for securing overall accounting quality and control.
If you want to join a team with great collaboration, a lot of fun, huge financial and accounting experiences in many areas, and many interesting challenges in the years to come…then Team Finance, Accounting is the right place for you.
Your key responsibilities:
- Prepare and control accounting transactions in month-end closing (MEC) on account, entity, and product levels
- To control and ensure that all accounting transactions systems and procedures comply with regulations, accounting principles, standards, and corporate guidelines
- Prepare and provide financial information for periodic reporting and audit purposes
- Control and follow up of internal customer and supplier sales ledgers
- Support to employees in Allente regarding attestation and approval of supplier invoices
- Cover for other financial controllers and accountants when required
- Perform key controls for ICFR (internal controls) that fall within areas of responsibility
- Participate in processes to ensure efficient and common Nordic accounting
- Report on statistics to authorities
- Report to Senior Accounting Manager on deviations from areas of responsibility
Qualifications and previous experience:
- Required to have a formal accounting qualification or college degree in finance or accounting.
- Requires a fair bit of extra on-the-job experience, team management skills, a broader perspective, and the ability to handle stakeholders
- Requires a deep understanding of how the finance and accounting departments work.
- Need to have a thorough understanding of accounting principles, accounting standards, and financial management.
- Adept at understanding the implications of the data and having the ability to effectively communicate those implications to other stakeholders.
- English and Norwegian
In Allente we make sure you will....
Be encouraged to grow and develop your career within the company. Be welcomed by an enthusiastic group of people who look forward to having you on the team. Gain international experience through interacting with the whole Nordic Allente organisation. Meet a dedicated team of colleagues who are good team players and open for new ideas. Get fair and competitive terms & conditions
As applications will be evaluated continuously, we therefore encourage applicants to submit applications promptly.
The position is based in Oslo, Norway
If you are interested in learning more about this position, feel free to Apply already now by clicking below.
Diversity and inclusion
Allente has an important social mission both nationally and internationally. We need diversity because different perspectives promote innovation, insight, better decision making, and mobilises the potential of our employees. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for a job with us, regardless of age, gender, functional ability, religion or ethnic background! #BetterTogether