Allente is a Nordic TV Operator, providing top-quality TV services to its 1+ million customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. The Company was established in May 2020 by a merger between Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer.
Working for Allente means that you are joining a team that is devoted to providing the best TV services to its customers. Quality is our hallmark in all aspects, whether it’s customer experience, available content, picture and sound. We take our pride in delivering the best linear TV services through satellite (DTH), live, and on-demand streaming services through a variety of clients and broadband TV. Finally, we like to work in agile cross-functional teams, we like to discuss ideas and come up with innovative solutions.
In this role, the key focus is to contribute to ongoing development tasks and provide input to relevant managers and stakeholders regarding improvements to guidelines, processes, design, and architecture. You deliver high-quality and maintainable code and like to stay up-to-date with relevant trends and technologies.
Your key responsibilities:
- Further development of our integration platform consists of many independent components. This platform is supporting and integrating with internal systems (e.g. CRM, billing systems), our online TV clients, websites, external partners, and more
- You will be the main developer of one or more of these components. Meaning:
- The biggest tasks on deck right now are:
- Responsible for quality, design, and implementation
- Talk to internal and external stakeholders to discuss and clarify requirements and solutions.
- Provide input and improvements to both the component and the solution as a whole
- Assist with troubleshooting where relevant
- Integration with several new partners (including streaming partners)
- Moving to cloud
- Establish principles and best practices for our integration platform in the cloud
- Adapt and refactor components to cloud services as relevant
- Adapt, update and further automate our CI / CD pipeline
Qualifications and previous experience:
- Java / Spring Boot / Tomcat
- Primarily REST-ish services with JSON payload (mainly via JAX-RS)
- Some existing SOAP services
- Integrations with external partners in whatever is required; Primarily JSON / REST-ish, occasionally XML / HTTP or CSV / FTP Swagger / OpenAPI
- Other common services and frameworks in use where applicable; ElastiCache/Redis, JPA / Hibernate, Flyway, EHCache, Hystrix, NewRelic, Elasticsearch
- Unit testing with tools ala JUnit, Mockito, Spock, WireMock,…
- Moving towards cloud (AWS) (Docker / Kubernetes / Helm)
- Source control with Git and build automation with Jenkins
In Allente we make sure you will....
Be encouraged to grow and develop your career within the company. Be welcomed by an enthusiastic group of people who look forward to having you on the team. Gain international experience through interacting with the whole Nordic Allente organisation. Meet a dedicated team of colleagues who are good team players and open for new ideas. Get fair and competitive terms & conditions
As applications will be evaluated continuously, we therefore encourage applicants to submit applications promptly.
The position is based in Oslo, Norway
If you are interested in learning more about this position, feel free to Apply already now by clicking below.
Diversity and inclusion
Allente has an important social mission both nationally and internationally. We need diversity because different perspectives promote innovation, insight, better decision making, and mobilises the potential of our employees. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for a job with us, regardless of age, gender, functional ability, religion or ethnic background! #BetterTogether